Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,334 of 1334
    Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon double layered
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Hang #3 for November found me spending the night at Hasty campground in front of the John Martin Reservoir in Hasty, CO. Temp got down to 37 deg but I was pretty comfortable using my truck sunshade in-between the double layers with my cheapo underquilt and my fleece blanket and wool blanket on top. Definitely need to keep practicing on further spaced trees as I don't think I got my new beetle straps high enough to 30 degree the rig. One beetle slipped somehow and I got a small run in one strap when the buckle slipped. I even double checked to make sure they were cinched right but gravity still has a firm hold on me

But I slept well after getting it fixed and and got to wake up to this right outside my spot.
    thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    I would like to try to get 12 next year.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    It's been 18 months since I first took on this challenge in January 2021. I got a hang in all 12 months last year and only one yard hang! Took pix of every trip. Ditched the "signs" idea after January's rough start, but lots more smiling! (yep ... probably some sort of correlation there - lol). I left myself out of the December photo to give everyone a break from looking at my grinning mug.)

Sorry that it has taken me this long to find time to download them, sort them, put them in a collage, and get around to posting here.
    Attachment 188696
    I had such a great time doing it that I've continued the streak into 2022. Watch for another collage next year. I'll try to package it a little sooner than June in 2023.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    I just wrapped up my second year. Here's the new collage.

Attachment 189918

I had a chance to enjoy some great variety this year. Group hangs and solo backpacking. Rain and snow. Warm sunshine and biting cold. Mountains and lakes. And the woods of course ... always the woods. What a fantastically fun challenge this has been! Looking forward to what awaits in year three!
    Happy New Year! Year three of this 12 nights a year challenge complete! Year three photo collage complete!
    2023 12 Nights Collage2.jpg

The streak continues and I'm still loving this challenge. Unfortunately, not very many cold hangs this year, even during the winter months. No snow hangs at all (well, I got some flurries on one backpacking trip, but nothing that stuck). There was a particularly chilly group hang in November (the NoVA hang) that my canine buddy General braved with me. He's still a ground dweller, but he's 13 years old and arthritic and doesn't get in the woods much anymore, so I cut him some slack.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    I am hoping for 12 nights this year. 2023
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

• + New Posts
  • Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134