DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware

BIAS Camper XL CUSTOM hammock arrived in less than a week

I ordered a custom twelve-foot Camper XL single layer with other options from Shane. PayPal somehow corrupted the credit card order and Shane never got it, but he saw where I posted on here that I had ordered a Camper XL. Talk about great customer service...Shane tracked me down and alerted me to the problem. I've been so busy I had not noticed that I did not receive a confirmation email on my order. I replaced the order last Thursday night and it arrive today, ONLY SEVEN DAYS AFTER I REORDERED IT. Via regular USPS delivery too.

I already own a standard length BIAS camper double layer for car-camping and was so happy with its comfort that I got this single-layer one just for backpacking, and to see if the extra foot would contribute to even greater comfort. Shane, you hit a homerun on this one fella. The lay is as flat as the other one, flat flat FLAT! I can't believe that it is more comfortable than my first one, but that extra foot really made a difference.

What is next? 13-foot hammocks?! This whole thing we are all participating in continues to evolve right in front of our eyes. Vendors, give yourselves a hand of applause. You are bringing the innovation and making it happen everyday!
    Last edited by Tonykarter; 01-29-2015 at 23:49.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    researching a wider hammock and hope you see this older post

I have a 12 foot SLD trail lair and really like it now considering what you have here a single or maybe double layer 12 foot XL wide one from BIAS

so curious what you think of the 12 over the other one you have

thanks

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I have the camper xl double layer, I sleep in it 7 nights a week. I have 13 hammocks and this is by far the best most comfortable hammock my butt has ever been in.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    thanks for the input
    I am also a full time hammock sleeper

curious if you have tried a 11 and 12 in the wide and thoughts I know I have to do this myself also ahahahha but fun to hear others
    I also love my DL just more firm feeling to me problem is I want to try everything ahahhahah

OH side note not related to hammocks my wife was from Edgemont Village (spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinajeep View Post
    I have the camper xl double layer, I sleep in it 7 nights a week. I have 13 hammocks and this is by far the best most comfortable hammock my butt has ever been in.

Hammock
    WW double layer
    Tarp
    MLB UL HammockTarp
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Have a double layer BIAS hammock 11' x 6' wide. Always better than a mattress for me

Hammock
    DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I have owned many of the vaunted hammock brands espoused on this forum. Have returned several of the highest profile hammocks after one lay in them...did not need a night in them to know that they were not for me. If we count my cousin in Tennessee too, between the two of us we have tried the vast majority of the hammocks on here. He is probably black-listed by the vendors through their back channel communications network as he returns everything he does not like, and he is hard to please. Sent his Incubator back three times before he was happy with it. I own only three hammocks now; two BIAS Camper XLs, an 11-foot and a 12-foot, and an 11-foot Dream Hammock Sparrow. The 11-foot BIAS in my humble opinion is equal in comfort to the Dream Hammock. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Dream Hammock, especially in the colder months with its weather cover, but the extra foot of the 12-footer BIAS Camper XL makes it the most comfortable of the three, of all of the hammocks I have owned, and it is not even the Hyper D XL material of the Sparrow. BIAS makes a COMFORTABLE hammock.

Shane, please send me a 13-footer in Hyper-D XL to beta test for you. I have trees that wide, and wider...
    Last edited by Tonykarter; 12-20-2016 at 12:31.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    have about 200 nights in a extra wide bias now as its my main hammock

• + New Posts