WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie,straps

Zeppelin has landed

I received my 20* Zeppelin yesterday, very excited to open it! The quality is beautiful! I have not set it up yet. But it looks great, glad to own a piece of your artwork!

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images
    Pics showing off your new functional art???

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images
    Also, why did you decide to go with the 20°? I'm trying to decide which one I need?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie,straps
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpghere's some pics! I hope it loads, my first time doing this! To answer your question, Im figuring three season camping in the northeast. Going by many post reads this seemed to be the best multifunctional fit!? Best guess! If anyone would chime in to confirm my thinking good or bad to help others! I also have the WBBB xlc in 1.1dbl in case I needed to slip a pad in for extra insulation and the extra support/firmnessof the hammock itself. This is my first set up, I was trying to cover as many bases as possible! I also have the winter cover for the BB. I went with the UGQ over some others based on the Black Friday sales and the 800 fill upgrade with a semi- haste decision as I evaluated what was offered at the time! If that makes any sense. Lol. I welcome any replies!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie,straps
    Btw. I currently havea REI down sleeping bag 20* for a top layer/quilt until I can purchase a TQ. I am new to all of this, I'm learning as I go! For the more difficult part, finding some hang time in the woods!

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images
    Looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm in the early stages of hammock camping as well. Been a ground dweller mostly, but use the hammock when I go solo. I am teetering between the 20° and 30° UGQ setup. Was going to get one this month, but now may wait to save the 5% and get a top quilt at the same time.

Enjoy it and congrats!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Looks nice! I got mine today! Must of got a brother of yours! Mine is mocha and desert tan on the inside!

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    Might be too warm, 3 season. I slept out last night, 0* top and under quilts, temp only got down to 18*, I had on a t-shirt and insulated nylon pants, and was toasty. Keep in mind that UGQ are conservative with degree ratings, 20* means you will probably be fine at 10*. You can get away with a lighter sleeping bag/ top quilt, so you aren't too warm.
    I don't know if you hike, but these warmer quilts take up a lot of space in a pack. That's excessive warmth in the summer, taking up space and adding weight. I use a 1 season Jarbridge underquilt, rated at 45*, for 3 seasons, and have been a little chilly at 31* with it. I use a LaFuma Extreme Long sleeping bag, 40*, for 3 seasons. These items are very lightweight and compact, and paired with a base layer and light jacket, work well below their temp rating. I would call the 20* Zeppelin a 1 season.
    Most of us who hang 4 seasons, end up getting a couple sets of quilts. You're off to a good start, that underquilt will last a long time and keep you plenty warm. I'm loving mine!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie,straps
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoEvo View Post
    Might be too warm, 3 season. I slept out last night, 0* top and under quilts, temp only got down to 18*, I had on a t-shirt and insulated nylon pants, and was toasty. Keep in mind that UGQ are conservative with degree ratings, 20* means you will probably be fine at 10*. You can get away with a lighter sleeping bag/ top quilt, so you aren't too warm.
    I don't know if you hike, but these warmer quilts take up a lot of space in a pack. That's excessive warmth in the summer, taking up space and adding weight. I use a 1 season Jarbridge underquilt, rated at 45*, for 3 seasons, and have been a little chilly at 31* with it. I use a LaFuma Extreme Long sleeping bag, 40*, for 3 seasons. These items are very lightweight and compact, and paired with a base layer and light jacket, work well below their temp rating. I would call the 20* Zeppelin a 1 season.
    Most of us who hang 4 seasons, end up getting a couple sets of quilts. You're off to a good start, that underquilt will last a long time and keep you plenty warm. I'm loving mine!
    Thats the kind of feedback I need. This is all a work in progress! I'm figuring I can always vent the UQ in warmer months. I really don't know until I can get outside and use all of my components together

• + New Posts