DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Hey Turkey...I just noticed your 0° Incubator. Hows that working out? I had mine on 3 trips so far and had some trouble getting it set just right. Better each time, but still not 100% as of last trip. I really need to have it working at -3° Friday night.

I usually bring 1L of water and melt snow for the rest, but I'll pack 2 this time to save myself some trouble.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Nice bit of fresh snow for us

-32° in Grayling right now. -23° in Gaylord. That's crazy!!!

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Works great I have had down to 1 degree and no problem. But It did take me a while to figure out the best way to hang it I was having a problem with my feet pushing the UQ down at that end but not so much anymore. From time to time I still need to move it around a little. I'll give you a hand with it if you want.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Weather pattern is moderating at a glacial pace.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    Works great I have had down to 1 degree and no problem. But It did take me a while to figure out the best way to hang it I was having a problem with my feet pushing the UQ down at that end but not so much anymore. From time to time I still need to move it around a little. I'll give you a hand with it if you want.
    Thanks. I think my last mod (simply tying a knot to shorten suspension) fixed it, but have yet to try it outside.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    kaq jerbridge
    Suspension
    Webbing, Buckles
    Images
    You guys are either very tough or part Eskimo. Thats got to be some kind of record for cold weather camping.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by JEF989 View Post
    You guys are either very tough or part Eskimo. Thats got to be some kind of record for cold weather camping.
    Welcome to the forums! Nice to see another Michigander around here. Our group is neither tough nor part Eskimo, that I know of...we're just hangers taking advantage of any opportunity to get out in the piney woods. We may be a bit crazy, seeing that the forecast for our two early arrivals on Thursday night could see temps to -11. At least we'll have a warm-up for the majority of us with a low of -1 Friday night...Saturday will be a heat wave at 8 degrees for the night. Come on up and join us, Jeff! Meeting at the Big Boy in Gaylord at 7:30 AM Friday morning, then commencing on our snowy adventure.

FYI, I did some calculations on my consumables for the weekend: 6 lbs chili, 3 pounds tater tots, 1 lb venison bacon, 1 lb venison sausage, 4 lbs of canned apples for the cobbler, assorted venison jerky & sticks, 2 cans of pringles, 30 packs of hot instant cider, plus 5 lbs of cheater logs to get the fire going fast. At least I'll be going home lighter, but the haul in Friday could be slow...
    Last edited by michigandave; 02-23-2015 at 14:44.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Dave, that menu sounds a bit tastier than my Poptarts, jerkey, cheese and Kit Kats! It may be a balmy 0° Friday night.

p.s. My 7 month old just got bronchiolitis, but starting to feel better and my wife just got over a cold that lasted about 10 days. I feel that tickle in my thoat...hope it doesn't turn into the real deal. I've been slamming water and fruit all day. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by OneClick; 02-23-2015 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Dave, that menu sounds a bit tastier than my Poptarts, jerkey, cheese and Kit Kats! It may be a balmy 0° Friday night.

p.s. My 7 month old just got bronchiolitis, but starting to feel better and my wife just got over a cold that lasted about 10 days. I feel that tickle in my thoat...hope it doesn't turn into the real deal. I've been slamming water and fruit all day. Fingers crossed!
    We've got plenty to share and no one will starve this weekend...may freeze, but starving is not an option for this crew....I forgot to add to the list 3 lbs of pork sausage for the bisquits and gravy Saturday morning. Sunday breakfast is meat...ever had bacon steaks? Get well fast!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    OOOh yeah!!! This will freshen things up! Should get us close to or over 20" on the ground.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 5 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 5 PM EST TUESDAY.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP IN THE PRE-DAWN HOURS ALONG THE COAST OF NORTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN...SPREADING EAST ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA THROUGH THE EARLY MORNING HOURS. LIGHTER SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON HOURS.

* SNOWFALL...3 TO 5 INCHES.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast