DH Dangerbird 11' 2 layer
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle

Economy hammock help for grandkids

Well, now I've done it. I got the grandkids interested in hammocking with grandpa. Actually, more than interested, they definitely want to. Here's my problem, 3 grandkids, 2 boys and one girl. And I'm hoping to give them hammocks for Christmas. Here's what I'm looking for. Since they'll be hangin with grandpa in the mosquito infected woods, I need 2 of the hammocks to have attached zippered bug netting (I already have a Grand Trunk Mozzi net that my Grand daughter can use with her hammock since she has to have a "pink" hammock). The boys want Camo hammocks. I would also prefer all 3 hammocks to be 2 layer so I can put pads in them (I cant even afford a UQ for me lol) plus it's added bug protection from underneath. The big problem is money, I don't have much. Not sure if members here can come up with ideas for me or if someone here is interested in making these.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    If not for the bugnets, I'd say look into making tablecloth hammocks or something from Dutchware. I don't think Dutch has camo though. This may be a good time to start scanning through the DIY section. As with the rest of the forum, LOTS of good people over there willing to help/give suggestions on making your own gear.

Also, maybe look through this sticky thread.
    Last edited by Stormstaff; 11-10-2014 at 07:46. Reason: Link added

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Last Summer I ended up with two kids to entertain while their mom, grandfather and grandmother acted like idiot children. The boy was 8 the girl 12yrs. I did not know how to entertain the kids, I wanted to keep them busy. We made hammocks out of found stuff, made our little stoves, TQ and UQ, even our bug nets. We prepared meals to eat while camping. Ya, a lot of our hanging was in their backyard (on the side of a mountain). The kids learned a lot about being self sufficient. As long as neither child becomes a pyromaniac I think it will all go down as a successful Summer.

Kids still enjoy making their own gear, even very young children are able to take part in some of the steps in DIY. I think it helps them learn to have faith in their ability to adapt to unknown situations, a very valuable skill for the rest of their life.

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    I'm not sure how often they come up but woot had a sale yesterday on hammocks with built in bug nets. I looked and thought they were in the $20-25 range. You might keep an eye out for them (yesterday someone posted a thread in hammockforums about this woot sale so you might see someone mention it here next time they come up for sale)

http://www.woot.com/offers/yukon-out...cks-or-rainfly

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird 11' 2 layer
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    That's a good price range! Thanks!

• + New Posts