Hammeck Envy-S Argon SL 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just got the SLD WH. It is top notch.
    My primary concern was coverage, but also keeping the dog in the tarp with me. So I had jared put an extra tieout in the center (of the long sides), just so the dog couldn't sneak under.
    That's the great thing about the SLD....Jared will basically make anything you want. Plus, he will have it to you in like 2 days.
    Oh yeah, also something that might not be a big deal to you but needs to be done, he seamseals it for you as well.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbirds
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/Bullfrg
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have 2 wilderness logics tarps, I have the tadpole with door kits and pole mods, and I have the bullfrog which also comes with a door like feature, I didn't buy the pole mod on that one. One thing people like about the Cuben tarps is that you can see through them. When you are in an all day storm that requires you and your dogs to hunker down for many hours you might like this option. Thats why I went with the Wilderness logics grey tarp (it allows lots of light through). The Tadpole might be too small for dogs though but im sure the Bullfrog or other tarps from WL would suffice. When you are looking at weight consider weight of all items needed for your tarp (doors, poles, ect) This helped us decide on the bullfrog too since with included doors it wasn't much more than the tadpole with doors. Just my 2 cents
    Paul a.k.a. The Costco Kid

This is my Father's world, And to my listening ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings, The music of the spheres.
    This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought
    Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--His hand the wonders wrought.

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Thanks all for the input. After kicking this added info around a bit I was still torn between the SF and the SLD tarp. I ended ordering the SLD offering, seam sealed, 11', with optional pullouts. It was pretty much a toss up but there were a few things that swayed my thinking;

Since I was already ordering a big tarp I figured I'd rather have the extra heft of the slightly thicker material. If I was being genuinely weight conscious I'd have been looking at something smaller so why not spend the extra 5 oz or so getting what might be a more resilient material. I believe the SLD tarp is a bit wider as well so getting it all the way down to the ground might be easier. I think this means I might fail in my effort to stick to a single tarp since it opens the door for a small, light tarp as an alternative in my set of gear. I guess a tadpole or edge,or dare I say something in CF from HG, is in inevitable at some point lol.

Being especially lazy, I liked that I could add an accessory kit that included cordage and stakes (this really is an illustration of laziness since I could have ordered this stuff separately from most other vendors but offering it in a dropdown as a kit was a nice selling point). I also liked the option to have it seam sealed so I can be even lazier.

While the SLD tarp was a bit more expensive, it also had free shipping. This helped bring the prices a bit closer together.

Having heard that SLD is likely to ship fast was a pro as well. I don't doubt Warbonnet would deliver a great quality product quickly but I've grown so spoiled with Amazon orders showing up soon after I click the one click buy button that not needing to demonstrate patience is helpful. I realize cottage vendors aren't Amazon and we don't want them to be AND I'm very happy with my HG UQ that took a bit of time to delivery and I'm sure I'll love my Hammeck Envy when it arrives after the time it takes to hand make it. I'm not looking for the instant gratification I'd get from walking into REI and buying a ENO tarp but all else being equal, the prospect of getting goodies sooner is appealing.

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    And... within 15 minutes of placing my order, I received a personalized email from Jared @ SLD telling me when he's start production on my order. How can someone not love supporting cottage vendors?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    I'd be willing to bet it will ship out to you tomorrow. That's how he rolls.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanS View Post
    And... within 15 minutes of placing my order, I received a personalized email from Jared @ SLD telling me when he's start production on my order. How can someone not love supporting cottage vendors?
    I don't believe I have ever seen this tarp.
    When you get it in and take it out for a test hang could you take a few picts and share them with us?

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I don't believe I have ever seen this tarp.
    When you get it in and take it out for a test hang could you take a few picts and share them with us?
    Definitely. Until I do, here's the gallery posted on SLD's site that has quite a few pics of it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/204890...7633454099919/

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    I'd be willing to bet it will ship out to you tomorrow. That's how he rolls.
    It's nuts to see first hand but you're absolutely right. Jared just emailed a few min ago. He has the tarp finished and sent a shipping number generated already.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12